15 Aug 05 - Mounting the Rollbar, etc.


We're slowly getting the rollbar closer to being mounted . . . taking longer than it should, I think.


IMG_8363.JPG
Mounting the elevators - getting the washers in here is a pain. Even with the washer wrenches, this took awhile.
IMG_8368.JPG
Clamped into the right place for drilling (after lots of measuring and marking and measuring again).
IMG_8378.JPG
Drilled to a #40 and clecoed in there. Obviously, these are going to get drilled out to a much larger size.
IMG_8375.JPG
Rollbar fits, but despite the stretching we did, is still a little narrow. The mounting hardware will probably stretch it out and it'll be okay, though. There's a bit of flex there.

This looks like one of those days where we haven't gotten a whole lot done, but that's really okay. This stuff took awhile because we measured everything multiple times . . . for something like this, that's probably okay.

That's probably about all we'll get done before we start cleaning and putting stuff together before the TVRVBG meeting coming up on Thursday.




Previous log entry


Back to the log


Next log entry