28 Oct 04 - October Meeting of the TVRVBG
This month we hosted the monthly meeting of the Tennesee Valley RV Builder's
Group. Good turnout, great food (thanks mom!), and in addition we had our first
technical inspection from Sam Buchanan.
What follows are a whole bunch of snapshots of the shop, all the folks crammed
into it, and Sam inspecting the empennage parts.
List of squawks from the tech inspection:
We'll take a look at all these over the next couple days. In general, we're
all happy with the progress.
- The short aileron pushrods need to have the rivets flattened a bit
more. Because all the strength is shear, all they need to do is stay in
there, and if they're out too much, they could hang up on the edge of the hole
where the pushrod goes through the wing skin.
- Sam prefers a wider (and hence, flatter) shop head on rivets. Ours tend
to be a little extreme in the opposite direction, so some balance is in
- We still need to add the aileron stops. We had only sort of remembered
this . . . I'm sure we would have caught it eventually.
- We had forgotten to round the corners on the tunnel cover. This was part
of a general reminder to not leave any sharp corners.
- In general, Sam was really happy with the empennage, so I guess we did
a good job at Alexander.
Previous log entry
Back to the log
Next log entry