Misc. Reference Documents
This is a boring page. That's okay, as it's just supposed to be a list
for all the reference documents, tips, and other useful stuff that doesn't
have a specific place to go.
- Misc. RV documents
- [html] RV-7A specs - the specifics on the
performance of the aircraft we're building. This is pretty much copied
from the Van's Aircraft site.
- [pdf] Secure the Trim Tab Hinge Pin -
Phil Duyck's idea to safety the trim tab pin.
- [html] Working Smart - Sam Buchanan's
thoughts on how to maximize the amount of bang for your investment
of time in the shop.
- Service Bulletins (These are
only the service bulletins that are relevant to and have been performed
on this aircraft.
This is not a complete list of service bulletins
from Van's Aircraft.)
- [pdf] SB 05-1-1 - 21 Jan 05 service bulletin -
modifying the rollbar in the 7/7A 9/9A tipper RVs.
- [pdf] SB 06-2-23 - 23 Feb 06 service bulletin -
safety wiring the fuel pickup tubes.
- [pdf] SB 07-11-9 - 9 Nov 07 service bulletin -
replace the nosegear fork to the new model.
- Regulations, or something
- N257S Official POH, Weight and Balance
- [doc] N257S POH - this is based on
Roberta Hegy's POH for her RV-7A, this has been slightly modified
for this plane.
- [xls] Weight and Balance -
for this particular plane, but is a nice spreadsheet that will work
if you plug in the weight for your RV-7A.
- N257S Misc. Reference
- [txt] Aftermarket Parts List - the
list of all the non-Van's parts, extras, aftermarket modifications,
- [html] Panel Planning - the goals for the
panel, and how we're planning to go about getting there.
- [html] Rollbar Mods - a couple ideas
(not original with me) that we'll probably use on the rollbar of N257S.
- Tools and Equipment
- [pdf] Guide to Reamers - I didn't know
what a reamer was when I started this project, this is a fairly good intro.
This becomes important when working on the aileron bellcrank bushings.
This came from an Army Manual - "Use and Care of Handtools and Measuring
Tools" #TM-943 . . . I think there are used copies online if you want
the whole book.
- [jpeg] Audio Jack Wiring - audio, ground,
wiring information for a mono phone jack, mic jack, and stereo phone jack.
I believe that I stole this from Dan Checkoway, but I'm not sure if he
got it somewhere or wrote it himself. Either way, it's useful.
- [pdf] Handy Packing
Bearing Packer - manual for the Lisle Handy Packer Bearing Packer.
This is a good tool to use for the wheel bearings if you don't want to get
grease all over yourself.
- [pdf] Magneto Timing Tool - a tool sold
as a kit - you get to build it yourself.
A few different companies sell it, I bought mine from
- Vendor-specific documents
- FAA Registration Forms (Disclaimer: these are the blank version
of the forms that we used when
this plane was registered. Check
www.faa.gov for the latest version.)
- [pdf] FAA 8130-6d - application for airworthiness certificate
- [pdf] FAA 8130-12 - eligibility statement for amateur-built
aircraft. (You will need to have this notarized.)
- [pdf] FAA 8610-2 - repairman certificate application
- [pdf] FAA 8710-1a - airman/certificate rating application
Go back to the main page.